We are pleased to announce establishment of the inaugural “BMRI Paper of the Year Award”. A $10,000 unrestricted research grant will be given to the laboratory of the senior-corresponding author of a research paper published during the calendar year 2017, deemed by a peer-review panel to be the most impactful of those submitted for this competition. This award will be given annually, contingent upon availability of funds.
- Eligibility: Faculty with a primary or secondary appointment in the BMRI, who are full time employees of Weill Cornell Medicine, are eligible to apply for the award.
- Beneficiaries of the award: In recognition of the importance of team science, should the winning paper represent a collaborative effort of more than one laboratory, the senior-corresponding author(s) will decide how to partition the award among the team members’ laboratories. Only full time WCM faculty members can receive funding.
- Application: The senior-corresponding author of the paper should submit a PDF of the paper with a 2-3 sentence explanation of its significance and impact. Submissions should be made to Sophy Aguilar (email@example.com), no later than 5PM on January 31, 2018.
- Selection: An ad hoc committee composed of BMRI faculty, and if needed faculty from other departments with relevant expertise, will select the winner. Faculty who are authors on papers submitted to the competition will be excluded from the selection committee.
- Award announcement: the winning paper will be announced at the BMRI retreat on March 9, 2018.